As a business owner, information translates to time and money. Now, imagine all of the information you have floating around, that you thought was safe, wasn’t being backed up. Not for just a night, but for a week, or two weeks; maybe even a month. But, as a business owner, you have so many small things going on that making sure information is backed up isn’t the first thing that comes to mind each morning when making your “To Do” list.
Tektivity can remove this worry by alerting you when an issue arises in your system. With monitoring, periodic reporting updates are sent to you about problems that have occurred and alerts you to potentially harmful issues. What exactly does monitoring check?
Round-the-clock Monitoring will:
• Check to make sure your back-up ran properly
• Check to make sure your anti-virus software is up to date
• Check that your server is up and running
• Check that you are able to connect to the Internet
• Check any or all of your Windows Services, vital components of your server’s operating system including services that allow you to log on to your network, access the internet, even print out your work
• Check to make sure various network devices are up and accessible
• Check ports on your network, on an other network, or your ISP. If any of these ports are failing to respond, you may be unable to connect and do your job
• Check disk space to ensure it’s within a set threshold
• Check to ensure that all disks are functioning correctly and data is safe
Monitoring is an inexpensive introduction to business continuity and disaster recovery. Checking everything around the clock will help stop issues so they can be fixed before becoming a problem.